Flat Fee Cease and Desist Letter/Internet Removal Letter
Within the context of defamatory activity, a cease and desist letter/Internet removal letter (“Cease and Desist Letter”) is a letter sent by an attorney which demands that the person committing the defamatory acts stop doing so and, in the case of online postings, it demands that such postings be removed. Within the context of the Internet, when appropriate, a similar letter can be sent to the website hosting the defamatory posting and/or the search engines which are listing such content.What Are Some Situations Where a Cease and Desist Letter May Be Appropriate?
A Cease and Desist Letter may be appropriate in a number of situations including, by mere example, the following:
- Someone is making disparaging statements about you orally;
- Someone is making disparaging statements about you in written form (such as, by example, by email or in the form of a letter);
- Someone is posting disparaging statements about you online such as on social media sites; and/or
- Someone is posting your image online without your permission in a way which is disparaging (such as, by mere example, by posting your photograph or video on an Internet pornography without your permission).
One of the advantages of a Cease and Desist Letter is that it is a very cost-effective way of potentially resolving the issue. As such, it is often (but not always) recommended that one retain an attorney to prepare a Cease and Desist Letter prior to resorting to litigation, which is a much more expensive and time-consuming process. If the Cease and Desist Letter is successful, then bringing a court action may not be necessaryIs it Always Appropriate to Send a Cease and Desist Letter?
No not always. In some instances, for example, if may be advisable to proceed immediately to starting an action in court. When you contact our office, we can advise whether it or not the sending of a Cease and Desist Letter would be beneficial to you given your situation.What Do I Do if I Want to Inquire About Retaining The Law Offices of Daniel A. Singer PLLC to Prepare and Send a Cease and Desist Letter on My Behalf?
- Complete the inquiry submission located here. In the heading entitled “Nature of Legal Matter” enter “Inquiring About Flat Fee Cease and Desist Letter”. In the heading entitled “Additional Comments” provide a description of your situation, specifying the disparaging activity which you are trying to have stopped and/or the online postings you would like to have removed.
- If we believe this is something we can help you with, we will contact you and quote you a flat fee for the Cease and Desist Letter. We may also request some further information before quoting a flat fee so that we can better assess the situation and determine whether a Cease and Desist Letter would be appropriate.
- If you decide that you want to retain our firm for the purpose of preparing and sending a Cease and Desist Letter and we have expressed an agreement to do so at the price quoted, we will send you a retainer agreement along with payment instructions. Please note that The Law Offices of Daniel A. Singer PLLC is not retained until and unless we receive back the retainer agreement signed by you along with the agreed-upon payment.
Absolutely not. Each letter is crafted to your individual situation so as to maximize its potential of being effective.Who Will Prepare Cease and Desist Letter?
All work will be done by the attorney, Dan Singer.
We look forward to the prospect of representing you. Please contact us today.